About Marshall Perrin
Things about me, in no
Things I like, again in no particular order:
- I was born in Boston, lived there till I was five, when my family
moved to near Annapolis, MD.
- I now live in Oakland with the ever-so-wonderful Tonia D'Amelio,
a fellow Harvard escapee and rising opera singer, who has recently
completed a master's in voice at the San Francisco Conservatory of Music.
- I drive a 1985 grey Volvo station wagon with nearly 310,000 miles on
it. And a 1998 red Mongoose hybrid bike with far fewer miles than
- Reading, most often speculative fiction of some kind, though
lately I've been getting into historical fiction too. My non-fiction
interests includ science writing, history, and travel writing.
- Learning to cook, in particular right now I'm working on Asian foods.
- photography, both film and (increasingly) digital.
- amateur astronomy (as opposed to the professional kind!)
- Computers and electronics. My current favorite flavor of Linux is