UCLA Planetarium Committee
- Increase public utilization and awareness of UCLA Planetarium, and use this as a
tool to increase the public outreach efforts of the Physics and Astronomy Department.
- Upgrade and restore our existing planetarium, with projects such as:
- Repainting the inside of the planetarium dome.
- Replacing aging components on the planetarium control panel.
- Adding computer projection for multimedia shows and other presentations.
- Refurbish Laserama equipment and incorporate with sky shows.
- Develop new planetarium shows, including:
- Shows for different age groups.
- Themed multimedia planetarium shows.
- Brief overviews of research efforts in department.
- Investigate funding sources for the purchase of a new planetarium sky projector (~$500,000).
- Seth Hornstein - Astronomy Grad Student
- Matthew Barczys - Astronomy Grad Student
- Arsho Azadian - Astronomy Undergrad Student & UAS Member
- Alicia Evans - Astronomy Undergrad Student & UAS Member
- Art Huffman - Senior Physics Lecturer & Faculty Advisor for Planetarium
- Laurie Liles - Program Administrator for Astronomy
- Matt Malkan - Professor of Astronomy
- Maria Perrelli - Astronomy Undergrad Student & UAS Member
- Ralph Shuping - Astronomy Postdoc
- Mike Spencer - Associate Development Engineer & UAS Advisor
- Ned Wright - Professor of Astronomy
- Alex Yee - EE Undergrad Student & Tau Beta Pi Laserama Committee Member
- January 24, 2002 - Agenda -
- March 4, 2002 - Agenda -
- February 20, 2003 - Agenda -
Last updated: Thursday, 20-Feb-2003 11:00:29 PST.
Planetarium Committee Page
Main Planetarium Page