Wednesday Evening Public Shows
Public planetarium shows (free and suitable for all ages) are given by current astronomy and astrophysics graduate students. Content varies with presenters, but commonly includes discussion about the current night sky, constellations, astronomical phenomena, and more!
Public shows are free. No tickets or reservations required.
|July 20||8:00 PM||Life in the Universe|
|July 27||8:00 PM||The Realm of Galaxies|
|August 3||8:00 PM||To be announced|
Shows are hosted every Wednesday night when UCLA is in session, including summer sessions. See the UCLA academic calendar for details about the UCLA schedule.
- Shows start at 8 pm during DST (7 PM otherwise) on Wednesdays (except holidays and final exam weeks)
- Located on the 8th floor of the UCLA Mathematical Sciences Building (Directions)
- 30 minute special topic show
- 30 minute star show
No late arrivals! We cannot admit guests after show has started. Please arrive on time.
Planetarium shows start at 7:00 PM (8:00 PM during Daylight Savings Time).
Shows typically last 45–60 minutes (rain or shine).
- Telescope viewing follows planetarium show
- Located on the 9th floor roof of the UCLA Mathematical Sciences Building
- Telescope viewings are offered weather and schedule permitting
- Telescope viewings are not offered during the summer
On clear nights, visitors are invited to look through one of the department telescopes after the planetarium show. We view a variety of celestial objects, including planets, nebulae, and/or star clusters (depending on what objects are currently in the sky).